Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blog Flash 2012: Day 25

This is the twenty-fifth entry out of the thirty I'm attempting.  It is part of a series of thirty entries so I hope you'll read each daily post to find out what happens in the end.
Thank you for reading!

25. Blue

Source -http://zardo.deviantart.com/

“The door’s locked!”
“I’ll not have your blue self wasting away here!” She crossed her arms in decision. “Your bags have been collected.”
 “Should I feel betrayed?”
“Just thankful. I made sandwiches for your journey.”
He soon boarded his carriage. “I’ve put you out.”
“No, a nice gentleman like you? Just return and get yourself a wife.”
He laughed mirthlessly. “A willing one?”
She adjusted the cap over her pale yellow hair and her smile saddened. “You’d have liked Emily, my daughter.”
“That’s what every mother in the ton says!”
She rested a hand on his shoulder. “You take care.”

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Mr. Hurst!! Get yourself a wife!! I'm on your side, sir!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if he'll manage it before day thirty...!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your thoughts on this, so do share.