Saturday, August 4, 2012

Blog Flash 2012: Day 2

This is the second entry out of the thirty I'm attempting. It is part of a series of thirty entries so I hope you'll read each daily post to find out what happens in the end.
Thank you for reading!

2. A Furry Friend



The angry meow called her back to the parlour.
“What did you do to him?” she asked.
“Me? Your cat tries to murder me every time I enter your residence.”
She eyed the cat who was now rubbing its ginger fur against her dress, then the man, his hand criss-crossed with blood. Fetching a damp cloth, she urged him to a sit as she cleaned the scratches. “Perhaps you should do yourself a favour and limit your visits, Mr Wright.”
He held her hand, ignoring his stinging flesh. “And let this be the only time you touch me, Alisa? Never.”

100 words

@Afsaneh_Dreams

3 comments:

  1. Is the cat a good judge of character? is that a wry smile playing on her lips after his last words?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! I love that last line: "And let this be the only time you touch me?" It gave me the shivers!! I am rooting for him, so please please please don't let me down!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gave her shivers too, so I'm glad of that! :)

      Delete

I'd love to know your thoughts on this, so do share.