Tuesday, July 10, 2012

TuesdayTales 48 – Bandersnatch


The contest details are here

Update - Thank you to the lovely judge, Cara Michaels, who picked me as the winner! And here I thought my entry was far too different to have a chance. To see the results and the honourable mentions, just go here.

Secret Word
Bandersnatch

Picture


 My Entry

If You Could See
She found the wall and scanned along brick, steadying her step.
A floral scent loomed over air. Soon, a hand was guiding her elbow.
“Had you any problems?”
“None,” she smiled.
“You should’ve-”
“It would’ve been bad luck to see me.”
Silence followed until they halted.
“Are you sure?”
Her fingers traced the creases of his forehead, slowed over the sharp digs and craters of his cheeks, and rested on straight lips. No bandersnatch, just a scarred soul. “Make me your wife.”
He pulled her close with an anguished sound. “I wish you could see how happy you make me.”



100 words

@Afsaneh_Dreams

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Congratulations on the win, Afsaneh!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Afsaneh, really put a lump in my throat and I'm not the weepy kind at weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was brilliant - I loved that it was so different, it's what made it stand out, that and the way you wrote it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your thoughts on this, so do share.