Tuesday, June 19, 2012

GUEST POST - Napping Blogger Award

I've rented out a little spot on my blog to my admirable friend, Miranda Kate, who I've nominated for the Napping Blog Award.
Read on and find out just what this hard-working writer does to relax!

The rules for the Napping Blogger Award are easy:
  1. Link back to the ones who gave you the award.
  2. Tell us what you do to take time for YOU! That might be a hobby, a musical break, a favorite movie or show, sitting outside enjoying nature, or even taking a nap!
  3. Nominate five other bloggers - especially folks you think deserve a break from their routine.




Take time for me? I wish!! Although in all honestly I suppose I do as I live in the virtual world of Twitter and Facebook hidden away up here in the converted loft – mostly to avoid a very mundane, uninspiring life in a remote village in the middle of Holland (wouldn’t recommend it!).

Besides managing a home, running after two small children (3½ & 6), and avoiding going out and circulating amongst another culture I find ‘exasperating’, it is difficult to define what I would do to relax. At the present time if I stop for 2 minutes I fall asleep! LOL But if given the opportunity I try and read, as I have over 40 unread books on my shelves – mostly of the Stephen King variety (I am behind by 3 books on his books! ARRGGH). And I am a total film lover with a collection of more than 150 DVD’s, and can watch films I love over and over!

But to get away entirely – I have been known to go to the Spa for the day with my husband and there I love to lie in the ‘Rest room’ where they have lights that slowly change colour and soft ‘muzak’ playing, or bubble away in a Jacuzzi!

And if I get time away in my home city of London, which I have managed twice in the last year, house-sitting for a friend, I love to walk through the central London parks, or visit my favourite park in Wimbledon, South Park Gardens http://southparkgardens.org/gallery.html where I can sit and people watch for hours!

Meantime back in the day to day mundane, I do meditate, although not routinely. I use lavender oil to help clear my mind, and I am a dabbler in Tarot, Angel Cards, and my new favourite cards; The Enchanted Map, Oracle Cards.

Who to pick for this is hard as there are so many people, who I am I most curious about?

Jessica Maybury @JessicaMaybury
Dionne Lister @DionneLister
Laura Huntley @LauraHuntley
Cara Michaels @caramichaels
Jen DeSantis @JenD_Author




2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the napping blogger award before. I loved it! You do some wonderful things to relax and it's so nice to learn more about you. Thanks for choosing me Miranda, I feel all special now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Dionne - and you ARE special! (;>

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your thoughts on this, so do share.